Vocaloid TONIO is a plug-in VIRTUAL VOCALIST modelled on the voice of professional male classical singer, and powered by Yamaha VOCALOID2 Singing Synthesis Technology.
With a vocal register that covers both baritone and tenor, Tonio has a voice that will satisfy the most demanding of compositions.
His voice is full of unmistakable character, colour and charm, and he will hit those high notes every time with perfect accuracy. Once he is installed into your PC he will allow you to create synthesized singing of unprecedented quality and remarkable realism.
Whether it's soaring leads, harmonies or backing vocals, Tonio can sing any word from the English language (and other languages too with a little work).
Tonio is also very well suited if you want to be adventurous and experimental, since his voice can be easily modified and shaped in many ways.
In addition to singing any words or combination of syllables or phonemes you can imagine, Tonio will spread any sustained vowel (or voiced consonant) across as many notes as you like, with perfect legato.
You can select from several different natural vibrato types and drag and drop your chosen type to any note or notes, and control the time-position and amount of the vibrato.
And that's just the beginning - you have control over all of the following parameters, which you can bring to bear on any part of your creation:
- Changing syllables/phonemes
- Timing of each note (precise position/length)
- Vibrato (you can change its type/position/amount/frequency)
- Crescendo or diminuendo
- Pitch bend (amount, and positionable in time)
- Glide (portamento)
- Resonance (Frequency/bandwidth/amplitude)
- Gender factor
Tonio can also be used with the VOCALOID3 and VOCALOID4 Editors - see System Requirements for more details.
Key Features of VOCALOID2:
VOCALOID2 is a new version of VOCALOID, which includes major improvements in usability and synthesis quality.
Here are the key features:
- New GUI: The VOCALOID Editor (score editing tool) of VOCALOID2 has a cool new look with improved user functionality.
- A much more realistic and natural sounding vocal: The synthesis engine of VOCALOID2 uses a different signal processing technique from Version 1, creating a clearer and more natural vocal. Realtime Keyboard Performance (VST Instrument): Written lyrics can be assigned a note by touch of a keyboard. Now you can "sing" using a keyboard.
- New functionalities and improvements: Much easier to use functionalities are newly implemented, which reduce workloads in creating your music. Existing functionalities are also improved.
- Note auditioning: If you press a note, singing with lyrics and pitch will be assigned to the note. Instantly check lyrics and notes.Transparent control track: Control track for controlling timbre is transparent, so you can check two parameters at once. Toggling between Playback and Rendering You can specify playback/rendering mode for each track. By rendering the finished track, you can reduce CPU load in playback. Maximum number of tracks is 16.
- Expression control: You can easily specify musical expression (attack and vibrato) with this intuitive user interface. Key features:
- Piano-roll editor
- Note editing / Automatic phonetic conversion / Phonetic editing / Note auditioning
- Transparent control track
- Toggling between playback/rendering
- Expression control
- Synchronization with host sequencer through ReWire
VOCALOID2 Playback VSTi:
- Playback sequence created with VOCALOID Editor
VOCALOID2 Realtime VSTi:
- Keyboard performance with lyrics input in advance
- 4 polyphonic
VOCALOID TONIO voice database:
- Compatible with both the Vocaloid2 Editor, Vocaloid3 Editor and Vocaloid4 Editor. Please see System Requirements for more details.
Supported Interfaces & Standards: VST 2.0, ReWire. (Please note however that VST with Cakewalk Sonar is not supported)
System Requirements for Vocaloid2 TONIO: Windows XP/Vista 32bit (Windows 7 is not officially supported; 64bit is NOT SUPPORTED), Pentium 4 2 GHz/ Athlon XP 2000, 512 MB RAM (1GB of RAM recommended) (2 GB or more recommended when using VSTi realtime)· Approx 4 GB Free Hard Disk Space / DVD Drive.
All product specifications are subject to change without notice.
This product is not currently Mac compatible.
Compatible* with VOCALOID3 and VOCALOID4 Editors:
If you have purchased the Vocaloid3 editor for example you can use TONIO and AVANNA together within the editor. You can buy the Vocaloid4 Editor by download HERE.
*You have to complete a "Library Import" into the VOCALOID4 Editor (or into the VOCALOID3 Editor**) by using the "Library Import Tool". You can download the Library Import Tool on a PC here. Please note that when using the Import Tool, an import serial number is needed. **If you have already imported your Prima, Tonio or Sonika into VOCALOID3, you will then also be able to import it directly into the VOCALOID4 Editor because VOCALOID4 can directly load VOCALOID3 voice libraries. Also, you can use vsq files in the VOCALOID4 Editor even if a VOCALOID2 Voice Library is not installed.
Download Size (RAR file):
- 763 MB
"The Vocaloid engine offers the most realistic synthesis of singing voices I've heard from any software, and the level of control means you can tweak a whole host of variables to get the best sound from it... The range of expression that can be achieved is impressive... fits the bill if you want to try something different." - Future Music Magazine, UK