Zero-G End User LICENSE Agreement
Using Zero-G samples and loops in your commercially released recordings.
When you purchase a Zero-G sample collection on CD/DVD, you will find the following End User License Agreement on the outside of the packaging, visible beneath the sealed wrapper, or if you purchase a sample collection by download, the download will include a ReadMe file containing the End User License Agreement. In either case, the wording may vary slightly from that shown below, but the terms remain essentially the same (with the exception of the iFX Series products which have a different license - see "About The iFX Series" at the end of this page).
ZERO-G LICENSE AGREEMENT
1. The sound samples included on this product remain the property of Zero-G Limited and are licensed, not sold, to you for use on your sampling software or equipment.
2. A right to use the enclosed sounds is granted to the original end-user of the product (Licensee) and is NOT transferable.
3. The Licensee may modify the sounds. and MAY USE THE SOUNDS FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES WITHIN MUSICAL COMPOSITIONS, subject to section 7 below.
4. This license expressly forbids resale, relicensing, or other distribution of these sound samples, either as they exist on the enclosed discs, or any modification thereof. You cannot assign, lease, lend, rent, upload or download to or from any database or server, or transfer any or all of the sound samples to another user, or use them in any competitive product.
5. Licensor will not be responsible if the sound samples do not fit the particular purpose of the Licensee. The sound samples are licensed 'as is' without warranties of any kind. Neither the Licensor, or any distributor of Licensor's products, can be held responsible for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss arising from the use of any sound samples licensed from Zero-G Limited in whatever form.
6. The Licensee may use these sound samples for Foley and sound FX in TV or movie soundtracks, video game soundtracks, gaming machines, or toys, but Licensee may not re-distribute the sounds as sounds, multi-sounds, samples, multi-samples, programs or patches – meaning the Licensee cannot re-sell them as part of a sound sample library of any kind thereby effectively competing against Zero-G. Note also that use of the sound samples in isolation in video game soundtracks, gaming machines, or toys where they appear in isolation or as sound effects as part of a music game or remixing game is not permitted without first obtaining a separate written License (subject to availability) from Licensor.
7. Use of the sound samples in 'library music' (also known as 'music libraries' or 'production music'), which is intended for commercial exploitation by relicensing to multiple third parties, is permitted PROVIDED that the samples are used within a musical context and are not presented isolated or 'solo-ed'. The sound samples must be used 'in combination' within musical compositions. For such usage, any rhythm loop samples (which Zero-G regards as being musical clips in themselves) must also be combined with other types of samples or sounds to effectively form a new composition, rather than simply being looped in isolation.
Note: Our distributors have strict policies about returning products after purchase. However, you should find that, within a reasonable time of receipt of your purchase, you can return any unopened (still in its plastic wrap) product for a full refund (the distributor may also refund any shipping cost if the return is a result of their error). Therefore, before you open any physical Zero-G products which you have purchased, please be sure to check that they are correct. Due to strict copyright laws, once a product has been opened, it generally cannot be returned, unless it is defective, in which case the distributor will replace it with the same product within a reasonable period of time. For information about refunds on purchases of download products, click HERE.
IMPORTANT! When you open the wrapper of a Zero-G CD/DVD product, or download and use a Zero-G downloadable product, you are accepting all of the terms and conditions of the Zero-G End User License Agreement printed on its packaging (or included in the ReadMe file). If you do not accept all of the terms and conditions of that License Agreement, you must not open the wrapper or use the samples.
About The iFX Series
Zero-G has created a special series of sample collections for use by multimedia and website developers. A purchaser of any title in the iFX Series is licensed to use the included sounds in isolation as spot FX. For more details of iFX libraries, search for "iFX" on this site.